Friday, June 26, 2009

Please, if you love me, Photoshop me

I can honestly say I would never post an ugly picture of anyone on Facebook. Even someone I didn't like. I sure wouldn't want someone to do it to me. So when a well meaning friend posts an ugly picture... Maybe it's my vanity speaking, maybe so, but I when someone I haven't seen in 20 years looks at a photo I've been tagged in I wanna look good! I was just your normal HS girls with way too much eye shadow and way big hair wearing Units outfits. I feel like a good bottle of wine, that I have only gotten better with age. I would like my pictures to reflect that! Mr. Shug says I have a really high self esteem - I'm not wearing Units and purple eyeshadow anymore so it should be higher than in HS. I'm saying all this because after a 40th birthday dinner for a friend/neighbor I woke up thinking that she might be posting pictures. I normally wouldn't fly out of bed to check but before the dinner (7pm) I had stopped off a little earlier (3pm) for a couple of drinks with another friend. Suffice to say when I arrived at the b-day dinner I was very composed but secretly had a really good buzz going. All this led up to me really enjoying the picture taking. I did make a mad dash for the computer and sure enough in nice big print "_____ has tagged you in 7 pictures". I untagged myself as quickly as possible from the really bad ones and left the halfway descent picture of me and Mr. Shug. There still there for all the FB folks to see. I have to live with that. But from now on I am going to be so selective when friends are taking pictures unless it is my BFF's who would never post a bad picture. If your humming "Your So Vain" right now I don't even mind, because I just might be - today.
Units

2 comments:

M said...

i feel the same way about bad pics & facebook!!!

i also hate when people post "old pics i just found" & scan them all. especially old class photos from jr high. ugh.

L said...

I am right there with you, even if I have to wear shades in night photos. And, can one's self esteem/self confidence ever be too high? Of course not!!!