Tuesday, April 5, 2011

For the Next 30 Days...

I'm jumping on the bandwagon, the I'm going to __________ for thirty days and write about it bandwagon. Some are really inspirational. I just saw a woman on the news who works at Goodwill and is going to be wearing goodwill clothes for the next month - well I already did that. It was the 80's and I thought I was alternative and cool. I wanted to wear black all the time (I still do, but now it's because I want to look thinner), and cheap vintage stuff was the way to go.  Kind of like the whole Pretty In Pink thing only not so pink, or pretty for that matter.  It was probably a little bit about pissing my mother off too. 

I decided mine will be cleaning out and organizing a different space in my home everyday for the next thirty days.  I'm going to document it in pictures.  I've been saying that I was going to get it all organized for about the last 4 years.  I'm hoping that putting out there for everyone to see (all 3 of you) will keep me on tract.  Kind of shame me into following through - we'll see. So here's the list of what I'm going to be cleaning out - in no specific order.
1. My closet     2. Shug's closet     3. Laundry room     5. Kitchen cabinets     6. Coat closet    

7. Built in bookcases     8. Kitchen drawers    9. Pantry     10. Media cabinet    11.  Wooden chest

12. Window seat    13. Craft closet   14. Under my bed   15. My room   18. Entry way and entry baskets

19.  Guest room   20. Ella's closet   21. Henry's closet   22.

I'm stopping at 21 because I'm pretty sure that some of the projects are going to take me more than one day.  I'm going to work on the projects while the kids are at school. That gives me about 5 solid hours of work.  I'll post before and after pictures.  I started yesterday with my closet.  I didn't take a picture at the very beginning because I forgot, but I did get a couple of during. I'm about to finish the shelves and then start on Shug's closet.  I could really use an 8 ball but it's 2011 not the early 90's.  On that note I'm going to grab some really strong coffee and get to it.  Pictures to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, welcome back!

Good luck with your project! If I were to try that, you'd need to send a search party. Then, my family would probably just have me committed... after I got everything organized, that is. Because, clearly, if I were to go on an organizational spree, I wouldn't be in my right mind. Which, technically, isn't "right," but whatever.

My point is... WELCOME BACK!! I was beginning to wonder about you!

M said...

This inspires me!! I'm going to try to do the same!