Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yard of the Month Quest

In my ongoing quest for Yard of the Month I have decided to strategically place the arrangements from my grandmothers funeral last week in my front flower beds. Have I stooped to a new low? Probably, but the idea makes me laugh my head off. My grandmother had a true green thumb so I am thinking it is quiet fitting. I have never liked the idea of leaving at the graveyard all the beautiful flowers. No one see them again and they rot away. After my grandfathers funeral a few years back, my sister and I snuck back and took lots of flowers. We brought them home, put them in vases of our own and set them all around our houses. This time I'm not even taking them out of the original containers, just sticking them in among my own stuff! I don't really think I'll win. Its one way to Reduce Reuse Recycle!

No comments: